What is best home insurance?

Best home insurance is an insurance product that will look after the structure and contents of your home financially, making sure that if the worst happens you are not out of pocket financially at such a difficult time.

Best home insurance is generally made up of two different parts, contents insurance and buildings insurance, but can also include added extras such as boiler cover, which looks after your boiler and will pay for any repairs or replacements which could cost thousands of pounds otherwise, and appliances warranty which will extend the warranties of your appliances. This includes the fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer and can pay for repairs or replacement for any broken down products.

Best home insurance  – contents insurance

The most common part of best home insurance is the contents insurance side of the policy, and this looks after everything inside your home. Contents insurance covers everything in the home that is not built in, so will include your carpets, furniture, clothes, electrical equipment, appliances and the contents of everything, including your fridge, freezer, kitchen cupboards and any outbuildings including your garage and shed.

The most difficult part of estimating the cover you need for your best home insurance policy is working out how much your contents are worth, and it’s the most underestimated part of any insurance policy offered worldwide.

The easiest way to make sure you estimate the right amount of contents for your home is to add up the contents of each room one at a time. The most common places for mistakes to happen are the bedroom, where people always underestimate the value of their clothes, and in the kitchen where people forget how much their pots, pans, cutlery, crockery and all the food in the cupboards and fridge and freezer are actually work.

Best home insurance  – buildings cover

The most expensive part of best home insurance is the buildings cover, and this is also the most important part of any best home insurance policy if you are the person responsible for the structure of your home. If you own your home, and it is not leased, then you are generally most likely to be that person.

Buildings cover looks after the actual structure of the home, and also includes any external walls, fences, gates and doors, as well as any external buildings including the garage and the shed.

Buildings cover also includes any built in structures within your home. This could be a built in wardrobe, the kitchen units and worktops and the bathroom suite. If you are unsure, check with your insurer.

Comments are closed.