What is cheapest home insurance?

Cheapest home insurance provides customers with an insurance product that insures their home and its contents financially, offering the customer peace of mind that should the worst happen, they will not be left out of pocket.

Cheapest home insurance provides customers with insurance against theft, fire, flooding, water damage, storm damage and vandalism. Cheapest home insurance protects a customer’s home and belongings in two different ways, with contents cover looking after the contents of the home, and buildings cover looking after the actual structure of the home.

Not every customer will need both elements of cheapest home insurance, and a customer can take out a policy with just the aspect they need. A customer who is renting their home will only need contents cover, as the landlord will be responsible for the structure of the home, and a customer who owns their home will need both elements. A landlord may just need buildings cover, and a small amount of contents cover to protect their carpets inside the unfurnished house.

Types of cheapest home insurance – contents cover

The most popular form of cheapest home insurance is contents cover, and protects the contents of a customer’s home. A customers contents include the carpets, curtains, furniture, electrical items, the food in the fridge and freezer, and the actual fridge and freezer themselves. One of the most common errors with cheapest home insurance, or any insurance product for that matter is underestimating the level of cover needed for the contents of a home.

Many people do not appreciate the value of the things they own, and should add up each rooms contents value, based on the cost to replace that item new today.

Types of cheapest home insurance – buildings cover

The buildings cover element of a cheapest home insurance policy is the most expensive part of the cover, but is also really important. The buildings cover will look after the actual structure of the house, including the walls, roof, doors and windows, and any built in structures within the home, like built in wardrobes, kitchen worktops and units and the bathroom suites.

Buildings cover also covers any fences, gates walls and outbuildings outside of the property, and will insure your garage and shed.

Buildings cover will also provide a customer with alternate living accommodation while their home is being rebuilt, should the worst happen.

Comments are closed.