What are home insurance quotes?

Home insurance quotes are a price given to customers wishing to take advantage of home insurance, and the many ways in which it protects the structure and contents of a customer’s home.

Home insurance quotes will protect your home, and its contents against any financial costs occurring as a result of theft, fire, water damage, storm damage, flooding and vandalism. Some home insurance quotes will also include the option to take out accidental damage cover on the contents of your home.

How do home insurance quotes work?

Home insurance quotes will be made up of several different forms of insurance which group together to form a home insurance quote. The main two different types of insurance which make up a home insurance quote are contents cover and buildings cover. Some policies will also have other forms of insurance added on. These could include boiler cover which looks after your boiler and provides financial protection from any costs occurring as a result of repairs or replacement of your boiler system.

Buildings cover

The most expensive part of most home insurance quotes is buildings cover, and this looks after the actual structure of your home. Buildings cover insures the walls, roof and structure of your home, and also insures any external walls, fences, gates, doors and outbuildings you may have on your property. This includes your shed and garage.

Buildings cover also looks after any fixed structures within the home, including any built in wardrobes, kitchen units and worktops and your bathroom suites that are built in.

Some people may find they do not need the building cover aspect of a home insurance quote as they are not responsible for the building of their home. These include people who rent their home, and some people who own their home or flat, but not the freehold. The freeholder or landlord would be responsible for the building in these circumstances.

Contents cover

The most common part of a home insurance quote is the contents cover, and this looks after all of the contents of your home. Anything which isn’t built in, including your carpets are covered under your contents cover, and this includes the fridge, freezer, their contents, the oven, dishwasher, washing machine and all other appliances within the home.

It’s important not to underestimate the level of contents cover you need as property you have accumulated over several years will be worth a lot more than you think.

Comments are closed.